These shorts were made using BurdaStyle 6/2011 Shorts 111B. I had originally intended to do the drawstring, but as these shorts remained with everything but the hem complete for months in my sewing pile, I decided to quickly do a simple hem as I had delayed for so long due to the simple worry that the drawstring would ‘bunch’ them in a way that reminded me of a diaper…in my mind this really didn’t look flattering, even if it does as photographed in the magazine. They were very easy to sew and I like that the invisible zipper is inserted in the side seam behind the pocket rather than at the front with a fly. Originally, I had chosen this pattern to avoid having to sew a fly, but now that they are sewn (and incidentally, I have learned to sew a fly in the meantime and it really wasn’t as complicated as it seems), I think the side zipper provides more benefits than just ease of sewing. I really like the flat front with the only bulk being the cute little pleats – even though they are shorts, they make me feel as comfortable as if I were wearing a skirt as they are so loose and light around the waistband while simultaneously appearing quite fitted.